Communications Summer Student
The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce has a position for a Communications Summer Student available. This is a full-time role, the successful candidate will work 35 hours per week for up to 16 weeks.
As the Communications Summer Student, you will gain experience with the most influential business organization in the Tri-Cities. To be successful in this position you must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working in a fast-paced environment.
You should be a self-starter, creative thinker and collaborator with basic videography, photography, graphic design, and writing skills. Being highly organized and having an eye for detail are extremely beneficial.
The Communications Summer Student will be responsible for supporting the Communications & Digital Marketing Manager in various roles.
Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for supporting the Communications department through social media, email marketing, search engine optimization, and general website maintenance
- Production of Chamber marketing videos including brainstorm, storyboard, conducting interviews, filming, editing, and promotion of completed video through the Chamber channels
- Video campaigns include #ShopChamber, #MembershipHasItsBenefits, What is a Chamber/What is the Tri-Cities Chamber, and member testimonials
- Roll over and implementation of the 2017/18 #ShopChamber program
- Creating content for Tri-Cities Chamber print publications
- Email database management
The successful candidate must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age
- have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be detail-oriented and have a high expectation of quality
- be strong in communication skills, including writing, proof-reading skills, and speaking
This position is partially funded by the Summer Jobs Canada Program.
Please send resume and cover letter to Stephanie Rennie, Communications Manager at by Monday, May 15.
More information on the Summer Student position can be found here.