The third annual Economic Summit presented by EPR Coquitlam is a gathering of world-renowned business leaders and government officials, bringing together some of the best minds in Canadian business to one venue. Learn more about the event here.
The Economic Summit will take place on Wednesday, May 17 at the Molson Canadian Theatre at the Hard Rock Casino Vancouver from 7:30 – 11:30AM. Click here to register now.
The morning will feature a keynote address from Dr. Sherry Cooper, Chief Economist of Dominion Lending Centres followed by two expert panels.
In keeping with the theme of the national and international economies, the Canada & Trump Panel will take the stage to discuss President Trump’s impact on our economy.
Following, 3 game-changers from Metro Vancouver will take the stage to share their entrepreneurial journey’s and how radical changes took their business to the next level. Afterwards, they will join a panel for Q&A with the audience.
Canada & Trump Panel:
- Greg Timm, CEO, Pacific Custom Brokers (Canada & USA)
- James Moore, Senior Advisor, Dentons
- Maria Rajanayagam, Board Chair, American Chamber of Commerce in Canada
- Caren McSherry, Owner, The Gourmet Warehouse
- John Volken, Founder, United Furniture Warehouse
- Wim Vander Zalm, President, Art Knapp Plantland
2016 | Economic Summit 2.0:
- Dave Lanphear, President, Envision Financial
- Gary Mauris, CEO, Mortgage Centre Canada and President & CEO, Dominion Lending Centres
- Rex Sheehy, President, Earth’s Own Food Division
- Faye Wightman, Former President & CEO, Vancouver Foundation
- Chris O’Riley, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, BC Hydro
- Stewart Muir, Executive Director, Resource Works
- Doug Stout, VP Market Development & External Relations, Fortis BC
- Ben Themens, Director, Lonsdale Energy Corporation
- Wilkins Chung, Co-Founder, A Thinking Ape Software
- Michael van Hemmen, Public Policy Manager, Uber
- Greg Malpass, CEO & Founder, Traction on Demand
- Trent Shumay, Co-Founder & CTO, Finger Food Studios
2015 | Economic Summit:
Keynote: James Moore, Minister of Industry
Rod Baker, CEO, Great Canadian Gaming
Jean-Pierre LeBlanc, Co-Founder & Chief Wellness Officer, Saje Natural
Darrell Jones, CEO, Overwaitea Food Group
Dr. Debbie Samsom, President, Back in Motion
Tech & Innovation Panel:
- Ryan Benn, President, Teldon Media & Alive Publishing Group Inc
- Wade Larson, President & COO, UrtheCast
- Ryan Peterson, CEO, Finger Food Studios
- Thorsten Wesse, CEO, Automotive Fuel Cell Cooperation
Federal MP Panel:
- MP Elizabeth May, Leader, Green Party of Canada
- MP James Moore, Minister of Industry
- MP Joyce Murray, Critic for National Defence and Western Diversification
- MP Kennedy Stewart, Official Opposition Critic for Science & Technology