Events & Communications Assistant
The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce, the leading business organization in the Tri-Cities, has an immediate opening for an Events & Communications Assistant. This is a 5 month contract (with a possibility of an extension) working a maximum of 20 hours per week supporting the Events Coordinator and Communications Manager.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics in a busy events environment. Reporting directly to the Events Coordinator and Communications Manager, the Events & Communications Assistant must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. The ideal candidate should have a love for event management, provide outstanding customer service, strong communication skills, be an enthusiastic professional, be able to build relationships with internal and external customers and work as part of a dedicated team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with coordination and execution of ongoing events from September – January
- Develop relationships with business and community partners to solicit auction items, donations, and door prizes.
- Serve as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters when necessary.
- Coordination of the Business Excellence Awards nomination and selection process.
- Assist with preparing scripts, seating plans, nametags, materials, binders, etc. for events.
- Assist with pre and post-event follow-up.
- Assist Communications Manager in preparing event materials and promotion.
- Respond to inquiries regarding speaking opportunities within the Chamber and meet with and/or speak with prospective speakers/presenters for Coffee & Commerce event series.
- Work with Education Committee to ensure committee goals are being met.
- Assist with Communication duties.
- Must possess analytical skills including creative thinking.
- Must work well independently and under pressure.
- Must be adaptable and willing to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
- Must possess time, resource, and project management skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, and attention to detail with a high expectation of quality.
- Must have strong communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with a high level of professionalism.
- Must provide excellent customer service.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Drive.
- Completion of Diploma, in Business, Event Management, Hospitality or related field.
- Experience as an event coordinator, program coordinator, or similar role.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume via email to Stephanie Mah, Events Coordinator by Friday, September 29, 2017.
Stephanie Mah, Events Coordinator
Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce
604 468 6875