The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce has a position for a summer student available. As the summer student, you will gain experience with the most influential business organization in the Tri-Cities. This is a full-time role, the successful candidate will work 35 hours per week for up to 16 weeks.
Duties & Responsibilities
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Miscellaneous administration support
- Research email bounce backs and contact recipients
- Miscellaneous event support
- Schedule and execute Coffee & Commerce educational seminars
- Review Business Excellence Awards application
- Business Showcase exhibitor support
- Miscellaneous membership support
- Update Benefit package
- Yes to Benefit document follow up and scheduling
- Research and update the Tri-Cities Economic Profile
The successful candidate must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age
- have been registered as a full time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full time basis in the next academic year
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be detail-oriented and have a high expectation of quality
- be strong in communication skills, including writing, proof-reading skills and speaking
- have excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with high professionalism
- be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and web searches.
This position is partially funded by the Summer Jobs Canada Program.
Please send resume and cover letter to Wendy Mein, Director of Membership at by Monday, May 15.
Information on the Communications Summer Student position can be found here.