9 Tips to Improve Your Networking Skills
- Pre-event: Set strategic goals (number of people to network with, feedback on incorporating a new aspect into your business, for example, launching a blog)
- Pre-event: Perfect your elevator pitch *bonus* incorporate your personality into your pitch
- Approach at least 1 person you don’t know without an introduction
- Listen and be truly engaged
- Keep a few questions in your back pocket for that awkward silence
- How did you find out about this event?
- What’s your favourite part of this event?
- How did you hear about this event?
- Elaborate on your answers with personal anecdotes
- Share authentic stories about your struggles rather than accomplishments
- Ask genuine questions
- Make introductions
Now put these skills into action at the 2016 Business Showcase on October 18 at the Executive Plaza Hotel Coquitlam.