I’m a Chamber member, now what?
Have you recently joined the Chamber? Chamber membership brings a lot of benefits, but also a lot of questions. We’re here to help!
Keep reading if you’re overwhelmed by the number of benefits. Find out how you go about exploring the components of your membership that are most beneficial to you and your business.
Or maybe you’re wondering when you’re going to see your first new customer. Any minute, right?
If you’re a brand new chamber member, there are a few things you should know about maximizing your membership benefits.
Joining the Chamber isn’t quite like joining a gym.
Sometimes you’ll hear that new chamber membership is similar to a gym membership, you need to use it to gain the benefits.
That’s not exactly true.
Regardless of whether you attend a single event, we’re still tirelessly advocating for you and your business on a legislative side, ensuring that the voice of business is heard at the municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government.
Even if you never attend a single networking event, we’re still referring inquiries about your industry or product to you. Community members and travelers often seek suggestions from us as well.
So, you see you don’t need to do anything to partake in the benefits of chamber membership. But if you do, the return on investment for your business will be much richer.
What comes first?
Think about your goals for Chamber membership. Why did you join in the first place? The reasons behind your membership will give you some insight into how to make the most of it.
But first, some important advice:
- Read what the chamber gives you. When you joined, we gave you a new member package and sent some emails. Take a look at it, you’ll find a nice list of 5 Ways to Kickstart Your Membership.
- Take a look at our Events Calendar. Introduce your business to the membership by registering for the next KICKSTART. Make a note of anything that interests you.
- Follow our social media feeds. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Why did you join?
Now you’ve completed the steps above, it’s time to think about what you want from the chamber. Why did you join? Some of the most common reasons include:
- Getting more customers. Learn more
- Increasing your reach so more people know about you. Learn more
- Improving your reputation or becoming a larger part of the community. Learn more
- Meeting like-minded business people. Learn more
Or maybe you have your own reason.
Whatever it is, the reason you joined, the goal behind your membership dictates what step you should take next to make the most of your membership.No matter why you joined the chamber, your new chamber membership is full of benefits to help you meet your goals. The best thing you can do for your investment is to get involved in a capacity that helps you advance your business. We’ve outlined some ideas here but these are only the beginning. In order to get the most out of chamber membership, make sure you attend a Chamber 101 Workshop. The team can then help put you on a path to reach your goals and ensure you get tons of value from your membership.