Certificate of Origin
The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce can provide certificates of origin for both members and non-members as an essential trade service. This is primarily for the confirmation of the origin of goods and is a requirement of many countries before goods are allowed into their country.
Not all Chamber staff are able to assist with this service so please call ahead at 604-464-2716 to be sure the appropriate person is available.
Please read below to find out more about what is required. The required forms are listed below as PDFs for you to view or print.
Certification Requirements for all Documents:
- For reasons of liability, all documents presented to the Tri-Cities Chamber must be notarized before they can be certified. The notarization process can beCertificate of Origin – Additional Requirements Certificate of Origin – Certification Requirements TCCOC Certificate of Origin – template costly and time-consuming. An alternative to notarizing individual documents is through a Letter of Waiver. If a notarized Letter of Waiver for your company is presented to, or on file with the Chamber, no additional documents to be certified by the Chamber need to be notarized. Please use the appropriate form below:
- In addition to document notarization, the Chamber also requires a duly notarized copy of your organization’s business registration (describing your operations) with the Federal or Provincial Government, with confirmation of annual business license renewal. Please use this form:
- Documents must meet the following requirements before they can be certified by the Tri-Cities Chamber:
- The original document has been duly signed by an authorized representative and notarized (if no Letter of Waiver on file).
- If a notarized Letter of Waiver for your company is presented or on file with the Tri-Cities Chamber, no documents to be certified by the Chamber need to be notarized.
- Documents must be issued by a Canadian company.
- Documents must be accompanied by the proper background documentation.
- Documents must be accompanied by proof of business registration.
- Documents must be issued using one of the Chamber templates.
- An appointment has been made with the Chamber.
- The required fees have been paid.
Certificate of Origin $25.00+GST
Additional Seals $25.00+GST
Additional Stamp $5.00+GST
Certificate of Origin $50.00+GST
Additional Seals $50.00+GST
Additional Stamps $10.00+GST
*Duplicate copies of a Certificate of Origin are $5+GST per copy.
For documents we DO NOT certify please check the BC Chamber of Commerce website: http://www.bcchamber.org/members/certification.html