Events Coordinator Job Posting
The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce, the premier business organization in the Tri-Cities, has an opening for an Events Coordinator position. This is a full-time position dealing with all aspects of the varied events held each year by the Chamber. There is a possibility for part-time job sharing for the first four months.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics in a busy special events environment. Reporting directly to the Chamber CEO, the Events Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. The ideal candidate should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, be able to build relationships with internal and external customers and work as part of a dedicated team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement critical paths to ensure event deadlines and standards are met
- Develop and maintain an annual schedule as well as individual work back schedules for each event
- Create and manage event budgets
- Acquire quotes and negotiate supplier agreements and act as a point of contact for all event suppliers and vendors
- Maintain and update website event pages
- Manage event registration database
- Work collaboratively with Tri-Cities Chamber team and act as a liaison to event stakeholders and sponsors
- Coordinate sponsorship deliverables for event sponsors
- Identify, schedule and liaise with speakers and special guests
- Assist in the management of the nomination and judging process for award programs
- Write event program documents including event scripts, agendas, show flows, production schedules, signage, name badges, and floor-plans
- Collect and/or write event content including program information, event descriptions, etc
- Implement post-event evaluations and reviews
- Manage logistics of Tri-Cities Chamber events and serve as point-of-contact for event attendees
- Coordinate on-site event production, clean up, volunteers and staff
- Solicit auction items, donations, and door prizes
- Edit and proofread all event materials
- Work with Communications Manager on theme development, event materials, marketing initiatives and promotion as needed.
- Work with Special Events, Education and Economic Development Committees to ensure committee goals are being met.
- Completion of Diploma, in Business, Event Management, Hospitality and 2 years of event planning experience or equivalent in education and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google Drive.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must possess analytical skills including creative thinking.
- Must work well independently and under pressure.
- Must be adaptable and willing to work flexible hours including some evenings.
- Must possess time, resource, and project management skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, and attention to detail with a high expectation of quality.
- Must have strong communication skills, including writing, proofreading, and speaking.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with a high level of professionalism.
- Must provide excellent customer service.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume via email to Michael Hind, Chief Executive Officer by Thursday, July 12.