The Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce, serving Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody, has a position for a summer intern available.
Length: Up to 16 Weeks
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Tri-Cities Chamber of Commerce Office
#205 – 2773 Barnet Hwy, Coquitlam V3B 1C2
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Researching and updating business resources
• Working with the Communications Manager to execute marketing campaigns and miscellaneous communications tasks.
• Working with the Events Manager to coordinate a number of events including, but not limited to, Coffee & Commerce, Economic Summit, Golf Classic, Mayors’ BBQ.
The successful candidate must:
• Be between 15 and 30 years of age
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Be detail-oriented and have high standards of quality
• Have strong communication skills, including writing, proof-reading and speaking
• Have excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
• Possess strong organizational skills; i.e. develop files and maintain current information on computer and in hard copy
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, GSuite, email and web searches
• Experience with Adobe Suite, MailChimp, Canva, WordPress
• Experience with video production
This position is partially funded by the Summer Jobs Canada Program.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume via to Michael Hind, Chief Executive Officer by Friday, May 3, 2019.